Mmmm… Vegan green chile enchiladas. Prepare to boil some tomatillos and burn your hand at some point! Don’t worry it’s so much fun and the end result is DELICIOUS!
Vegan Green Chile Enchiladas –
by Mike Lee
February 23, 2014.
Ready to make some authentic, Mexican, Vegan green chile enchiladas? You’re going to love them.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 Enchiladas
Nutrition facts: 87 Calories per Enchilada
12 corn tortillas
12 pieces Beyond Meat Chicken Free Strips
1 cup vegan sour cream
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt to taste
For the green sauce:
8 medium tomatillos,husked
2 cups water
2 tablespoons cilantro, diced
1/2 cup onion diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 chile, chopped (you pick)
- Begin making green sauce.
- Place all green sauce ingredients in a pot and began to heat. Be sure to remove the green husk around the tomatillos.
- Bring to boil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the tomatillos are soft and tender. Just like your heart
- While the sauce is simmering heat up chicken, add garlic and onion powder, with some salt to taste. Oh no, I didn’t mean to use a winky face … it was supposed to be a
- When they are done boiling place in a blender and blend until smooth. Well, this is awkward…
- Place the salsa in the same saucepan and reheat until simmering and the sauce thickens a bit.
- Pour a tad bit of olive oil on a frying pan. Do not use too much oil because your tortillas will be a bit greasy.
- Heat up a tortilla for about 2-3 seconds on each side.
- Dip the tortilla in the green salsa for a few seconds and place on plate.
- Quickly fill the tortilla with chicken and sour cream. This is easiest as a two person team, with one heating up the tortillas, and the other filling them.
- Wrap it up.
- Repeat until you have made enough or run out of ingredients.
- If you have any remaining green sauce you can pour it over the rest of your enchiladas if you like. You can also garnish the enchiladas with some cilantro.
Vegan Green Chile Enchiladas Recipe Notes:
You can use any vegan meat replacement in these vegan green chile enchiladas. I chose the Beyond Meat strips because they are my new obsession. I have been able to find them at Whole Foods and at a few local heath food stores. Holy vegan guacamole, they are good.
Thanks for reading, hoped you liked the recipe enough to lie and say it is yours.