This recipe for vegan Chili Cheese Dogs is so easy to make, you’ll have enough time to watch the entire first season of Walking Dead.
Vegan Chili Cheese Dogs
by Mike Lee
February 21, 2014.
Vegans can have chili cheese dog parties too!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3 Servings
Nutrition facts: 563 Calories per serving
6 whole wheat hot dog bund
6 Smart Dogs (or equivalent)
1 can O Organics Chili Beans In Sauce
1 cup Smart Grounds Veggie Protein Crumbles
1/4 cup Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds
- Dude, this recipe is so easy, open the can of chili.
- Pour it in a skillet with the grounds and heat over medium high heat.
- Heat up the Smart Dogs in another skillet.
- Heat it up each until they are hot, about 10 minutes at most.
- Toast the buns in a toaster oven or fry them a bit in a skillet.
- Place the Smart dogs in buns, douse in chili and sprinkle cheese on them.
Vegan Chili Cheese Dogs – Notes
These Chili Cheese dogs are so easy to make that there really isn’t much to add. There will be a future recipe showing how to make chili from scratch, but this is a recipe for those who have very little time. This seriously took about 10 minutes to make. Being a vegan means you probably spend a lot of time in the kitchen, preparing meals, so quick, easy recipes like this one can really be a life saver. If you are ever in a hurry, or have omnivore guests over, this recipe will kill it!
One thing to consider is that these vegan chili cheese dogs are about 275 calories each. In this recipe I suggested 2 per person. Obviously, if you and your guests are on a diet, you can eat one and this recipe will then serve 6. Also consider mixing these with chili cheese fries, but beware, you’ll probably pass out and wake up hating yourself. Or, maybe that was just me.