This Vegan Chicken Yam Eggplant Recipe will really help you get over that traumatizing book you just finished.
Vegan Chicken Yam Eggplant Recipe
Published: February 19, 2014
This is a delicious recipe you can make in a spiffy for dinner.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 5 min
Yield: 3 servings
Serving size: 1 plate
Calories per serving: 374
Fat per serving: 12g
Boca Spicy Chik’n Patties: 3
Tofurky “Giblet” Gravy: 1 package
1. Poke some holes in your yams with a fork and wrap them up in foil.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 and cook them for about an hour.
3. When there’s about 10 minutes left on the yams, slice the eggplant into easily edible portions.
4. Fry it on a skillet over medium heat for 4-6 minutes, flipping occasionally.
5. Heat up the gravy in a saucepan.
This vegan chicken yam eggplant recipe is a deceptively easy and “quick” meal to make. The majority of the time spent is basically waiting for the yams to cook. This recipe shows that after a long day at work, and being tired as all hell, you can still make a really healthy, damn near respectable meal. You don’t have to slave away in the kitchen for hours to be a vegan, well not always, anyway.
For the yams, wrap them in foil as the recipe suggests or bake them. Sometimes I like to cut them in pieces or in half and put them in my cast iron dutch oven. This will yield a dryer yam than the foil, so keep that in mind.
If you are ridiculously sensitive to spicy food, then you can use the regular Boca Chik’n patty. Any vegan meat substitute can be used is this vegan chicken yam recipe, I chose the Chick’n patties because that is what was in the fridge.
I hope you like the recipe.