This is great salad to make if you only have about 15 minutes before the new episode of Wilfred comes on.
Seitan Spinach Salad
by Mike Lee
February 20, 2014.
A Delicious salad, packed with protein, that you can make in about 15 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3 Servings
Nutrition facts: 186 Calories
6 cups of baby spinach
1 cup Seitan (westsoy shown in pic)
1/4 cup Daiya Pepperjack Cheese
3 mini sweet bell peppers
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt to taste
1 teaspoon Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
- Chop up the bell peppers, tomato and wash the spinach if you need to.
- Pour a bit of olive oil a skillet and heat up seitan over a medium-high heat
- Add the garlic powder, salt and 21 seasoning to the seitan.
- Heat it up until it is hot, about 10 minutes at most.
- Place the seitan on a bed of spinach and add the bell peppers and tomato.
- Drizzle some olive oil, about a tablespoon to reach the 186 calories per serving.
- Eat some papaya afterwards, because you feel like it.
Seitan Spinach Salad Notes:
In this recipe I used Westsoy Seitan.
You can use any seitan you please, I used this seitan because: a) its the only seitan sold at the local supermarket in my area, and b) It is really good. If you weren’t born in Vega, and are new to being vegan, you can season seitan like you would chicken, deliciously. In the recipe I only used a few spices and it was fantastic. Seitan really is one of my favorite vegan meat substitutes and I absolutely love it on salads like this. Seitan spinach salad just wouldn’t be the same without seitan… or spinach for that matter. I will say that if you can’t find any seitan around you, it’s not a big deal, basically any vegan substitute will work. Of course, then you can’t call it Seitan Spinach Salad, or… I guess you could if you really wanted to.